Please don't let your credentials lapse because of financial hardship.
Since January 2007, the WOCNCB has provided a Benevolence fund. This funding is designed to assist WOCNCB certified nurses in maintaining their designation(s) if financial hardship has occurred while attempting to recertify.
To qualify for the Benevolence Fund, the applicant must:
- Currently be certified through the WOCNCB.
- Demonstrate financial hardship that prevents the candidate from recertifying in a specialty/specialties.
- Submit requested information in its entirety.
Each applicant can only be awarded funding once, every five years. Funding cannot exceed the cost of recertification in all specified specialties.
All applications will be reviewed by the WOCNCB Finance Committee and submitted to the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Certification Board for a ruling and the amount awarded.
The following is a list of potential circumstances that would qualify you for funding.
- Severe Illness / Accident
- Death of Immediate Family Member
- Natural Disaster (fire, crime, flood, weather, etc.)
- Financial Hardship
- Other Tragedies
Click here to download an Application